Monday, April 9, 2012

Mixing Patterns




Mixing patterns is a popular trend and I have been fascinated with the idea of the breaking the rules of being "too matchy matchy". I love the thought of mixing patterns, textures and colors together while making it all work with some great accessories. With that said, I was inspired to try it out in my own way. To avoid going overboard, I stuck to two colors and two patterns. In this outfit I paired my sheer animal print top, a stripe skirt and a hot pink cardigan to add a pop of color. Last but not least, I added grey and silver shoes and accessories to tie it all together.

Tip: Try pairing different patterns together while keeping the colors in the same family and remember to bring it all together with a great pair of shoes and accessories. Have fun!!

Outfit Total: Less than $50!!
Shirt [Ross} old...I mean old!!, Hot Pink Cardigan [Express] $20 (sale)...this is an old one too, Skirt [Thrift Store] $2.49, Belt [Old Navy] $5 older than the shirt! LOL, Carlos Santana Booties [Marshall's] $18

No comments: