Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Time To Set Sail

Have you ever purchased an item you loved, but didn't show it love? I am guilty of this all the time. I always say...."I am going to wear it soon, or I need the perfect shoe to rock it". Well, I found this nautical inspired sweater from the thrift store and I have had it in my closet for a few months now. Today I found a place for it in my ensemble. At first, I really didn't know how I was going to wear it because it was a poor cut for my body type and it has HORIZONTAL Stripes!! So I thought....why not cinch in your waist with a thin belt, throw a blazer on top of the stripes to tone it down, and wear some great accessories. I love my stripes but sometimes I have to think outside the stripe to accomplish the desired look. In this look today, I accomplished what I was going for.

Outfit Total Cost $122.95 (Most items were collected over time)

Navy Blue Blazer [Love Culture] $20, Nautical Inspired Sweater [Thrift Store] $3, Skinny Leg Pants [Old Navy] $10 (sale), Madden Girl Platform Heels [Zappos.com] 49.95, Gold Accessories [Payless, Rainbow, Forever21] $20 (combined three gold necklaces to get a chunkier look), Gold Bangles [Wal-Mart] $5.


Tip: If you have a busy print shirt that has too much going on, that you love to wear, throw a cardigan or blazer over the pattern to tone down the look.  It works every time!!

No comments: