Thursday, March 15, 2012

Embracing My Stripes

For many years I have shied away from stripes because of personal insecurities. Well those days are over!! Now that I have a better understanding of my body type, I am able to select pieces that compliments me best. Buying a pair of horizontal striped leggings would not be a good choice for me. However, a loose fitting silk shirt would be a timeless, chic investment. In this outfit I paired my striped blouse with a cobalt blue pencil skirt, and a black leather belt to highlight the appearance of a smaller waist. Knowing what you can and can't pull off is key to having an effortless and endless chic style. Thank your for giving me a moment of your day. Stay Beautiful.

Inspiration: Celebrity Photo

Outfit Total: 80.95
Black and White Stripe Shirt [Ross] $9.95, Cobalt Blue Pencil Stretch Skirt [New York and Company] $25 (sale price), Black Leather Belt [New York and Company] $5 (sale price), BCBGeneration Platform Pumps [Ross] $20, Earrings [Beauty Supply Store] $1, Purse [old purchase] $20

No comments: