Monday, July 15, 2013

Festivities with Style

This weekend I had the opportunity of seeing Gladys Knight, without the Pips. :-) The concert was an outdoor fest so I wanted my look to remain comfortable and chic at the same time. The outfit started with a skirt I made. All details to making this skirt are listed below.
 I paired the skirt with a bandeau top (Wal-Mart) and my accessories included a statement necklace (E-bay), leather belt (thrifted), black and gold sandals (Target), cross-over bag (Garage sale), and shades (Hot Topics).

You will need 1 yard of fabric, an elastic band, and a sewing machine (This project can also be sewn by hand)
Fabric for the skirt was purchased at girlcharlee.com. The website has a large selection of fabric to select from for any type of Do-it-Yourself (DIY) sewing project.

Meshalo Fashions is a great forum for DIY sewing projects and ideas. Check her out on YouTube for tutorials   ....you won't be disappointed.
People were everywhere having a great time listening to music and watching the sunset.
My beautiful kids took a moment to give mommy some love.
My handsome husband and beautiful kids striking a pose.
We had such an amazing time hanging, listening to music and enjoying some good food. Life is an amazing thing and I am so blessed to have an AMAZING family to enjoy it with. Regardless of what the occasion may be, remember to embrace your own style and stay beautiful!!