Monday, December 30, 2013

DIY | Pattern Weights

I was motivated to complete this DIY project after growing tired of using pins to keep my pattern pieces in place. Pattern pieces are extremely light and can blow away with the slightest hint of wind. Instead of making my patterns holy...get it...Holy! LOL. Okay..I will keep my day job. I have decided to create some "chic" pattern weights with some left over fabric. Listed below are the step-by-step instructions on how to create these chic/useful sewing tools.





Step 1: Cut your fabric into 4"x4" pieces...or you could use the pre-cut quilting pieces. Place right sides together, sew around three of the four sides.



Step 2: Snip corners. This will help when it's time to push the corners out.



Step 3: Turn your squares inside out, press with iron, and fill half way with beans or rice...your choice!!



Step 4: Use a bonding strip, needle/thread, or glue gun to seal off your pattern weights.



Step 5: (Optional) Accessorize your pattern weights with your choice of ornament.



Can you guess one of my future project? lol. Remember to have fun with your style and stay beautiful!!

Happy New Year!! 
See you 
in 
2014!!


No comments: