Friday, August 17, 2012

Cropped Metallic Pants


NY&C is one of my favorite places to shop for essential items like cardigans, blazers, trousers, skirts and accessories because they consistently offer great sales and quality items. So when I saw these "tin man" pants on the table....along with an assortment of other colors, I had to snag them for a little flare in the wardrobe. The fit and the price was so nice, I was compelled to purchase a couple more in different colors. The two looks in this video can be worn for daytime and night time looks. In the monochromatic look, I wanted to make a complete statement with this look so I paired similar tints, tones, and shades of a single color together instead of allowing the pants to take center stage. In the black, contoured look, I love how my cropped blazer gave off a tapered appearance with the contrast between the black and the white. To finish both looks off, I remained pretty simple with the accessories.

Tip: Do you have a bold pair of pants in your wardrobe you love......but you don't know what to do with it? Try the monochromatic look. Just simply find a shirt of a similar shade and pair the two items together. Then add the accessories to tie it all together. Have fun with your style and stay beautiful.

Monochromatic Look #1
White Blazer | F21
White Tee | Tar-Jay (Target)
Metallic Cropped Pants | NY&C
Purple Peep-Toe Platform Pumps | 6pm.com
Multi-Colored Clutch | Marshall's

Contoured w/Black Look #2
Black Blazer | Ross
Black Pumps | Zappos
Black Clutch | Old